Registration & Set up Begin @ 1:00 p.m. Competition starts- 1:30 p.m. — Ends- 3:30 p.m. Judging begins immediately (If you are entering more than one competition you will need a separate model for each competition.)
Salon Style Rules
Time- 2 hrs.
Style- Salon Competition Nails
- Nail are to be Pink & White
- Hard Gel or Acrylic may be used
- Tips or Sculpting is allowed
- This is a 2 to 1 ratio; pink to white
- NO White Tips allowed, clear or natural tips only
- Shape should be square only
- Nail forms, must be paper or metal forms only.
- No pre-sculpting forms allowed
- No gel polish or gel sealers
- No Oil, lotion or creams for buffing are to be used at any time
- “C” Curve is to be consistent and about the thickness of a business card
- Product must be consistent in the cuticle area and not buffed off or so much as to cover the eponychium.
- Models natural nails may be prepped and ready for application, but must not have any forms or products on the nails before the start of the competition.
- If models have pre-existing damage, judges will not be informed and no consideration will be given.
- No Cookie cutter tools of any kind will be allowed. Smile lines are to be created by using a brush by hand.
- No Molds of any kind are allowed to form nails
- Brand New Files and Buffers must be used during the competition.
- Water in a spray bottle may be used to clean the dust off the nails
- E-Files may be used during the competition to finish nails
- No chamois buffing clothes may be use at any time
- Left hand must be free from polish
- Right hand is to be polished with Red Cream Polish
- No Base Coats, NO Ridge Fillers or NO Top Coats Allowed
- Under sides of nails must match and be consistent
- Both Hands must be pink and white
- The nail enhancements on the unpolished hand must be French-style (pink & white), finished to a high shine and completely free of polish.
- Gel sealant may NOT be used to finish to a high shine.
- “c” curve
- Smile lines
- Polish Application
- Finished work
- Overall Beauty